Thursday, May 16, 2013

Desserts from Claudia's 60th

My Mom turned 60 last weekend.  We had a great time celebrating with family and friends and the birthday girl was as fabulous as ever.  The family all pitched in and everything really came together - maybe we should start a family party planning business?!  Um, no.


My mom has been receiving requests for the dessert recipes that were at the party so here they are!



1. Chocolate Chip Cookies - Always delicious - but make sure to plan ahead, because you need to refrigerate the dough for at least 24 hours.










2. Red Velvet Cake Pops






I got the flags from postscrips on Etsy.  They turned out super cute!













3. Almond Poppyseed Cupcakes - I cheated.... I totally cheated.  I was running out of time and my toddler helpers went on strike, so I cheated.  I bought vanilla cake mix, added in about 2 tablespoons of Almond Extract and 1/2 cup of poppyseeds.  Don't judge me.
If you really wanted to, you could make the almond poppyseed muffins that I made here, and top them off with frosting.


The buttercream frosting was my favorite part and I did not cheat on that.  I used our favorite buttercream recipe and added almond extract instead of the vanilla.  I think I even added an extra tsp to make it even more almondy.




Cheers to another 60 mom!























No comments:

Post a Comment