Sunday, April 29, 2012

The best chocolate chip cookie recipe (for real!)

I was reading a blog that Bridget got me hooked on, Cupcakes and Cashmere , and there was a recipe posted for "The best Chocolate Chip Cookies....Ever".  I was skeptical, just like I am when I see claims like "the world's best cup of coffee" etc, but in an effort to impress our weekend guests from Chicago, I decided to try the recipe.
The cookies turned out amazing.  I mean really, really good.  They were by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, and probably the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. The recipe wasn't too different from other recipes I have tried, but a few slight variations seemed to make a huge difference. One thing to note is that the recipe calls for the dough to be chilled for about 36 hours, so you need to plan ahead when making these. I am not going to re-type the recipe, because it is perfect as is, so here is the link that will turn you into a chocolate chip cookie snob! Make sure to read Kate's secrets/suggestions in red.



No comments:

Post a Comment