Bridget is Engaged!!! We love Chris and we cannot wait for him to be a part of our family. Congrats B!!! I am assuming that we may have some wedding related posts to come, but today, we are celebrating Bridget's engagement with a post about cake pops.
I have made 4 batches of these easy to make and even easier to eat treats. Eating cake on a stick is fun for both kids and adults alike and for me it helps with portion control :).
1. Bake cake according to the directions on the box for a 13x9 cake (GASP - Yes, use boxed cake).After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1/2 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Use a large cookie scoop and scoop out a ball of cake/frosting mix. Roll mixture in your hands, until smooth and lay on wax paper on top of a cookie sheet.
4. Heat a small portion of the Candy Melts according to the instructions on the bag. Dip a lollipop stick into a bowl of heated candy melts and insert the candy coated end of the stick into a rolled ball. Complete for all balls.
5. Chill for 20-25 minutes in the freezer.
6. Melt the remaining candy melts in the microwave per directions on package. Dip balls in the candy coating (I used the back of a spoon to smooth out the coating) and add sprinkles if desired. Stick lollipop into floral foam to dry.
If you want to see some really cool/creative cake pops, visit bakerella's website - she is a professional :)