Thursday, May 30, 2013

strawberries & cream oatmeal

I made this delicious Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal for breakfast this morning and the whole family loved it! I usually put strawberries on top of my oatmeal, but cooking them with the oats gave the whole bowl a sweet berry flavor. The greek yogurt gave it a rich and creamy texture and despite the fact that my hunger was satisfied, I was left wanting more. 

Ingredients
1 cup water
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp agave nectar
2-3 Tbs plain Greek yogurt

Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a small saucepan. Add the oats, strawberries, and vanilla, and reduce the heat to medium, cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl. Mix the agave and 1-2 Tbs of greek yogurt in with the oats. Stir until combined. Add an additional dollop on top if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment