Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quinoa, Kale and Berry Salad

After an amazing weekend at one of my best friends wedding and visiting family, I wasn't feeling the best about myself when returning to Denver. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret a second of it (ok maybe the Culver's Butter Burger), but I was craving something fresh and protein packed.  I combined a couple of recipes and came up with exactly what I was looking for. This salad is filling, delicious and a new favorite.

Ingredients: 
Serves 4

4 cups chopped Kale
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
3/4 cup diced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Zest from one lime
Juice from one lime
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar

1. Cook Quinoa as directed. Place Kale at the bottom of a large bowl. Add quinoa, avocado, strawberries, blueberries, pecans and goat cheese.

2. To make dressing, combine ingredients and whisk together. Pour over top of the salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment