Thursday, December 6, 2012

Peanut-butter pretzel candies

These delicious treats go by such names as Buckeyes, peanut-butter balls, or I am thinking of renaming them reindeer balls in honor of the season. Thoughts?? The addition of pretzels and salt with the chocolate makes them absolutely addicting.  It was as if Tommy, my golden-doodle,  knew how good they were going to be.   After I pulled the peanut-butter out of the cupboard he was in the kitchen looking on top of the counter to see what I was up to.  Luckily I had his peanut butter filled Kong in the freezer so I was able to distract him with his own peanut-butter treat. This recipe makes about 16 balls and is easily doubled if needed. This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart. These are going to be a must for this holiday season and for many years to come. 

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1-2 cups crushed pretzels
10 oz chocolate chips

Combine peanut butter, sugar and butter in a medium bowl and stir. I found it hard to stir so I used my hands to mix until well combined. Add crushed pretzels and mix well. Roll into 1inch balls. Freeze for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes melt the chocolate chips with a double boiler, stirring constantly until all chips are completely melted. Roll the balls in the chocolate until fully covered and place on wax paper to dry. Store in the refrigerator.




No comments:

Post a Comment