Almond Crescents (Christmas Cookies - Wisconsin Electric Power Company)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup blanched almonds, slivered
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Cream butter. Add sugar gradually and cream for 4 minutes. Add in almond extract.
2. Add salt, flour and almonds. Blend
3. Shape into crescents. Use about 1/2 tablespoon of dough
4. Place on parchment paper/silicone baking mat
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 18-20 minutes
6. Roll crescents in powdered sugar while hot
7. Makes 7 dozen.
* I did make a few slight adjustments to modernize the recipe (silicone baking mat etc.)