Sunday, December 2, 2012

Evergreen Swag

During our most recent trip to the Home Depot, I was reminded how much I love the smell of Christmas trees. The scent is a reminder of the Christmas season and all of the good memories that come with it.  We purchased our Christmas tree that morning, and before the "tree guys" wrapped our tree in netting, they cut off the lower branches and threw them in a big box. I asked the guy if I could take the branches and he said, "Of course, and if you are interested, there is a hole box of branches over there!" I got excited and grabbed a couple (understatement) of branches to bring home and place around the house so the entire house would smell like Christmas.


Head to your local Home Depot, or favorite purveyor of Christmas trees and ask for their unused branches. It is such a fun and free way to decorate and bring the spirit of Christmas into your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment