Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Flag wreath

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time to celebrate with friends, relax on the water or camp in the mountains.  The fireworks remind me of going to our country club laying on the fairways or watching Rhythm and Booms on Lake Mendota.  Unfortunately this year there will be a lack of fireworks in Colorado, but for good reason. So while trying to get myself in the mood to celebrate this year someone at work showed me this great wreath for my door.  It is very easy, but does take about 1 to 2 hours.

Supplies you will need:
- Straw wreath – keep in plastic wrapping
- Red, white and blue yarn (rolled into balls, much easier)
- White buttons or white felt sheet for Stars

Begin by wrapping red yarn around the wreath. It is difficult to keep them in a single row and to be honest by the end I was just wrapping as quickly as possible. I did not glue the yarn down, I found that the ends easily stayed with wrapping. Alternate red and white colors. Lastly use blue yarn wrapping a slightly larger area.

I couldn’t decided between using white buttons or the felt stars, so for now the stars will work. Apparently I am unable to cut stars without a template, but luckily I found that by using Google images I was able to find some good templates.

Happy 4th of July ( a little early!)

No comments:

Post a Comment