This is the perfect summer dessert, as it showcases blueberries that are now in season and combines them with a tart and lemony zing! The cake itself is extremely moist and the greek yogurt gives it a rich and creamy texture. The Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake is great for entertaining, as its' presentation is flawless and more importantly, effortless with the use of a bundt pan.
2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and greek yogurt together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add four mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream/yogurt mixture.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries and lemon zest with a teaspoon of flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake on the bottom rack of the oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert onto a rack; cook completely, top side up.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or cover with lemon glaze (add juice from lemons used for zest, to a few Tbs powdered sugar, until you reach your desired taste and thickness)
* I used a lemon flavored chobani greek yogurt which gave the cake even more lemon flavor. I was extremely happy with the result!!