- Glasses (I ordered a Libbey International Beer Glass Set)
- Glass etching cream (I used Martha's)
- Adhesive stencil film
- Paint brush
- X-Acto knife
- Magazine or cardboard (upon which to cut with your x-acto knife)
- Mustache template/stencil
1. Cut out mustaches from an image online, or draw your own and cut them out to make your own templates.
2. Make your stencil by placing your mustache template on the stencil film. Trace with a pen. Since a mustache is symmetrical, it does not matter on which side you trace your design. It will always transfer the right way.
3. Set your stencil film on a magazine or cardboard and cut out the traced mustache with your x-acto knife.
4. Clean your glass and dry it, making sure there are no finger prints or oils on the outside of your glass.
5. Remove the stencil film backing and stick the film on your glass. Rub the film down with your finger nails or a spoon to make sure it sticks really well, all the way up to the edges.
6. Paint the etching cream on your stencil, making sure it is thick and only brushed on the stencil.
7. Let the etching cream set for 15-20 minutes (the jar says 5 minutes, but I have found that 15-20 does the trick).
8. Wash your glass with soap and water to remove all the etching cream.
9. Peel the film off your glass.
10. Wash your hands. Even if you don't think you got any on your hands, wash them.
Drink up :)