Sunday, March 9, 2014

personalize a thrift store vase


I try to have fresh flowers every week. Nothing fancy (usually from the grocery store or Costco), but they make me super happy, especially this time of year, when spring seems like it is still years away.

I was getting tired of using my same old circular or cubed short vases, so the last time I went to St. Vinny's I grabbed a few cut glass vases for 60 cents a piece. I wanted these new (old) vases to have a rustic/glam look so I took some twisted jute twine, and my glue gun and got to work.

I secured one end of the jute twine to the glass with the glue gun, and wrapped the twine around the vase until I had the desired coverage.  I then used the glue gun to secure the loose end to the vase, so it wouldn't unravel. 

Ta-da! Instant vase makeover. You could get super crazy and use ribbon, ric-rack or even fabric.  The possibilities are endless and for 60 cents a vase, why not experiment?!







No comments:

Post a Comment