Wednesday, February 12, 2014

skinny peanut butter banana muffins


I usually feel bad about myself after Bridget posts a recipe. For example, I post about snicker doodles and she follows-up with a post about pineapple, carrot juice (I scarfed down 5 cookies, she had 2 glasses of juice).  She is always taking sugar and butter out of her recipes, while they are the rock-star ingredients in mine.  Maybe that is why she has glowing skin, abs of steel, and endless energy.  OR maybe it is because she isn't parenting 2 toddlers.  The jury is still out, but in the meantime, I am going to make an effort to be more like Bridget.

For my inaugural bridget recipe, I decided to try these skinny peanut butter banana muffins from Sally's Baking Addiction.  I made a few slight substitutions - almond butter for the peanut butter and almond extract instead of vanilla - and they turned out awesome!!  Maybe healthy isn't so bad?!  I'll let you know if my abs are flatter tomorrow.









OH - Hey, I go through stages where I am obsessed with certain products from Costco.. 
Here are two of my most recent obsessions that everyone should try:

1. Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut - Need I say more?



2. Natural Apple Chips - no sugar, no preservatives, just apples.  My girls love them and so do I!



No comments:

Post a Comment