Friday, February 14, 2014

buttercream topped sugar cookies


Well, I tried to be healthier like Bridget and it lasted a day.  I guess I could blame it on the fact that I needed to bring a treat in to Franny's school, or that it is Valentine's day and we should all get a free pass.  Whatever the reason for my failure, I am so glad that "failure" = buttercream covered cookies.

Directions:

Take your favorite sugar cookie recipe, shape to your desire, bake and and slather  it with buttercream (see recipe below).  
* Put more buttercream than you think you should on top of the cookie.  You will not regret it.

Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp almond extract
4-5 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
2-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Beat the butter and salt until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream. Sift the sugar and then add cup by cup until you have reached the desired sweetness. Beat the frosting 15-20 minutes.  Add more cream as needed.







Happy Heart Day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment