Friday, November 16, 2012

fall table decor - from your backyard

We are having a pre-Thanksgiving dinner party next week and I have been trying to figure out how I am going to decorate the tables.  I am ready to move on from the orange glow of Halloween and embrace the fall harvest colors of brown, copper and gold.  I am trying to be practical, because as soon as Thanksgiving is over, the dozen boxes of Christmas fun will make their way up from the basement.  So....I decided to take my orange pumpkins, gourds and other fall finds from the back yard (leaves, branches etc) and spray paint them with metallic paint.  It took longer to gather the leaves than it did to paint all of them.
I used Rust-oleum metallic finish spray paint in copper and gold, which you can find at most hardware and "big box" stores.  I am thinking about sticking the branches in my floral arrangements and the leaves and pumpkins will just be scattered on the table.  Next to do: Plan the menu :)










No comments:

Post a Comment