Friday, July 26, 2013

Zucchini Fritters

It is like Christmas in July!!!
I have been the lucky recipient of my families' garden rejects/over-stock and I love it.   
I have produce coming out of my ears and I have spent way too much time on Pinterest trying to find new recipes that the whole family will like.  

One of my "pinned" items stuck out when I was searching for a zucchini recipe and most likely it was because it contained the word "fritter".  The recipe is from Bonappetit and the fritters were super easy to prepare. 

I loved them, Dan loved them and drum roll.... so did the girls!   

More zucchini recipes herehere and here!

Ingredients
Soy Dipping Sauce
3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
Crushed red pepper flakes

Fritters
1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), grated
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
1 large egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil

PreparationSoy Dipping Sauce
Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.

Fritters
Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, flour, chives, and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, drop 1/4-cupfuls zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel–lined plate; season with salt. Serve with soy dipping sauce.








1 comment:

  1. Jenny - You left a comment about the Pioneer Woman's baked beans on my site Stirring the Pot. I tried looking for you email, but couldn't find it so I'm hoping you see the comment here on your site. I definitely think you could make the baked beans in a crockpot and/or transfer them into the crockpot. The bacon layer will probably not be as crispy as if it had been baked in the oven, but I'm sure it will still be tasty :) Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete