Friday, July 12, 2013

blueberry & yogurt muffins

I am really making an effort to use all of my produce without having any spoilage/waste.  I have found my favorite vendors at the Farmers' Market and I try to buy only what I think that our family of 4 can eat in one week.  With that being said, it is berry season and I have a hard time resisting the tempting pints of delicious looking blueberries, strawberries and cherries.   Thankfully, I found this recipe from thepioneerwoman.com and not only is my extra pint of  blueberries gone, but so are these awesome muffins.

The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins
(thepioneerwoman.com)

3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch of salt
Dash of Nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 generous cup plain, unflavored yogurt (throw in extra if you want)
2 cups fresh blueberries
Vanilla Extract
Softened Butter, for muffin tins
Turbinado sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 385 degrees.  In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In another large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, cap-ful of vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.  Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.

Add mixture to well-buttered muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over top. (Brown sugar can be used instead.)

Bake 20 to 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment