Thursday, March 28, 2013

Green Juice


I did a cleanse a few months ago and I was very happy with how I felt afterwards.  That being said, I am not ready to do the intense 3 day cleaning anytime soon, but I have been drinking the green juice on a daily basis.  I feel like it offsets all of the other junk I put into my body and it gives me the vitamin/antioxidant boost that I need to stay healthy.  Despite the off-putting color, it tastes fresh and it has a subtle sweetness. My husband takes one to work and the kids like it too.  I have the Breville Fountain Juicer and it works like a dream.

Maybe I'll consider the full cleanse after I finish my Easter brunch ;)

Green Juice
5 ribs of celery
1 cucumber, halved
2 large green apples
3 kale leaves
1 lemon
1 handful parsley
3 romaine leaves
1 handful spinach


Juice the ingredients and drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment