Friday, March 8, 2013

Homemade Lara Bars - Cashew Cookie



I have been enjoying the no-bake energy balls Bridget posted so much, that when I saw the recipe for the Cashew Cookie Lara Bar on "100 Days of Real Food"  I thought I would give them a try.  You use MedJool Dates as a natural sweetener and only 2 other ingredients, Cashews and Peanut Butter.  They are the perfect on-the-go snack, and Yes, my girls love them. Hattie actually helped me make them instead of taking her nap today (argggg). I feel much better giving them these as a snack vs. other processed snacks, and they are just as convenient!

Ingredients
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cashews
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon water


Combine dates, cashews, peanut butter and water in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.  Slice into 12 even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment