Monday, May 28, 2012

5 minute Hummus

The best thing about this hummus recipe is that the ingredients are staples that are always in my cupboard. Mrs. Lucas first introduced me to the recipe last summer and it has been a favorite ever since.  I love that I know what is going into the hummus and that I can make it at the drop of a hat, without a trip to the store. This is a basic recipe, so you can get more creative by adding peppers or other spices.

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon Cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh or dried parsley

- Combine all ingredients (except parsley) in food processor and blend.
- With processor running add 1/8 cup hot water. Blend until smooth.
- Add parsley and pulse for 10 second

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment