Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Asian Flavored Fish

I was looking for some healthy recipes, hoping to get myself in shape, so I asked Jenny if she had anything new and fun. Luckily for me she had just gotten a couple of steamed fish recipes from our Aunt Jeanne that were quick, easy, with minimal clean up. After convincing my friend Jen to go to a spin class with me, I dragged her over for dinner and vino to try the recipe and it was delicious, quick, and filling! This recipe makes two servings.

2 firm fish filets (5-6oz each) - Salmon worked great
1 cup cooked rice
2 cups bok choy
2 scallions chopped
1 T veggie oil
1 T grated fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T soy sauce
2 teaspoon dark sesame oil

To Bake:
  • Heat oven to 450
  • Cut two sheets of foil about 14x14 for each pouch - I use the one side parchment, one side foil
  • Place 1/2 of rice in center of each
  • Layer 1/2 of each on rice: greens, fish, scallions
  • Combine oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and pour over fish
  • Close pouch tightly on all ends
  • Place pouches on baking sheet and cook about 20 min

No comments:

Post a Comment