Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Shake

The past month has been an absolute whirl wind.  I need to thank EVERYONE who helped Chris and myself with all of the wedding planning, creative ideas, keeping me sane, and for making the trip to Wisconsin to help us celebrate. We had such an amazing time! We were in Wisconsin a week before our wedding and then we honeymooned in Hawaii for almost two weeks and when we finally returned home to Denver, it was FALL! I absolutely love it. The beautiful trees and crisp weather is making my return to reality a little more tolerable.

I was maybe a little too relaxed on our honeymoon, so now, I am trying to eat smarter and I was looking for a healthy post- workout protein shake recipe that didn't involve spinach. I had "pinned" this awhile ago thinking it would come in handy and I love it.  Not only does it involve our obvious favorite, pumpkin, but it was honestly so good that I wanted more (and I normally don't say that about protein shakes.) All you have to do is blend and enjoy, such a great way to start the day!!



Ingredients:

1 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
1/2 - 1 frozen banana
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 pinch ginger
1 scoop vanilla protein powder **







** I have protein powders that I am partial to.  Being a woman, I try to find protein powders that are meant to build lean muscle: high in protein, low in carbohydrates and lower calories.

Isagenix - the IsaLean Shake (recommended by my trainer) which I really like. It tastes great mixed with water in shakes like the one listed above.   I also use whatever Chris has around the house. Currently he has Syntha-6, which again is high in protein, low in calories and in carbohydrates.


No comments:

Post a Comment