Monday, October 14, 2013

Caramel Apple Rice Krispies

Some how my girls are sleeping though 5 guys tearing
our roof off (obviously my girls are amazing).  These guys are sawing, pounding, stomping and blasting loud music.  

I can barely think straight with all of the noise, so instead of thinking I am eating.  I made these super easy caramel apple krispies and they taste deliciously like fall.  I had all intentions of sharing them with the roofers, but the supply is getting dangerously low.  If the girls continue to sleep, I'll make a second batch for them.  

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
10 oz. bag of marshmallows
1 1/2 cups caramel apple cake mix (I used pillsbury's seasonal mix)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies
15 soft caramels unwrapped and roughly chopped

Directions:
Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter or non stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a microwaveable safe bowl, melt butter and marshmallows, stirring occasionally.
Once marshmallows are melted and mixture is creamy, stir in cake mix and vanilla. Gradually stir in Rice Krispies until combined. Add caramels and stir. Pour mixture in prepared pan. Set aside until cool and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment