Monday, February 11, 2013

Energy Bites - No Bake

These little energy treats are a new favorite of mine. During ski season, I find that I go through boxes of Cliff/energy bars too quickly and never get back to the store for more. While searching for a DIY version on Pinterest, I found the perfect recipe on Gimmesomeoven . These little sweet treats taste similar to cookie dough and they are incredibly quick to make. I now have a never ending supply in my fridge and I grab them for a quick snack on the ski hill or for some extra energy in the morning before my work out.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
1/4 cup chopped chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. After they are chilled roll into little balls and store in the refrigerator! (see that simple!)


  • I purchase whole flax seed and then use a coffee bean grinder, when I need ground flaxseed.  This way it is always fresh. 
  • The original recipe called for 1/2 cup chocolate chips, but you can add a 1/2 cup of anything. I like to use Dates, raisins and craisins!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks B. I have been wanting this recipe. I made some this aft with yogurt covered raisins. YUM

    ReplyDelete