Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

For some reason I am very excited for halloween this year. I don't know if it is because we are now living in a house and that we will have trick-or-treaters or if it's the warm weather, making fall so very enjoyable. We have carved pumpkins, roasted the seeds and bought candy, so we are set for tonight. 

When I saw these cookies on Martha Stewart I knew I had to try them. They are delicious and a big crowd pleaser. The recipe can be found on her website and as always, I found that the comments at the bottom of the recipe were very helpful.  I found that using a small ice-cream scooper to size the cookies, yielded way more than what was stated in the recipe (3 dozen vs. 1 dozen whoopie pies), which of course, was a pleasant surprise. 


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment