Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Raisin Muffins

I started off the season completely obsessed with pumpkin.  I put  it in my oatmeal, drank pumpkin spice lattes, and I even snacked on pumpkin seeds. My obsession with pumpkin is starting to become less intense, however, I cannot say the same for my family.  I have made the following pumpkin recipe 3x in the last week and I am still getting requests for more. The muffins are moist and the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon make them a perfect fall treat. 

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/2 (15-oz) can of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cups raisins
(Optional - add in chocolate chips or walnuts)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, set aside.
3.  In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and applesauce.  Add the dry ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula until the flower has been absorbed.  Fold in raisins
4.  Divide batter evenly amount the prepared muffin cups
5.  Bake, rotating the pan half way through the baking time, until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched (about 20-25 minutes)
6.  Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool



1 comment: