Monday, August 6, 2012

The Perfect Buttercream Frosting

I am going to start off this post by telling you that I strongly believe that a good buttercream makes everything better :)

I have probably tried over 10 recipes in a quest to find the "perfect" buttercream frosting, ruining perfectly good cakes, cupcakes and cookies along the way.  Some recipes are too sweet, some are too airy, some are too runny....is a good buttercream recipe too much to ask for? 

After voicing my frustrations to my sister, Bridget, she asked me if I had tried her "go to recipe". Um, nope....didn't know you had one, but email it to me ASAP.  Instead, she sent me a link to a recipe on her friend's blog, "cookie confessions".  I had tried a few recipes from the blog before, and everything I have made from it has been FABULOUS, so I had high hopes for the buttercream.    Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. The frosting was fabulous in both taste and texture.  I used it to decorate Franny's birthday cupcakes and everyone loved them.  
A big thanks to B and to Katie and family for the perfect recipe and a lifetime full of buttercream happiness  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment