Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Key Lime and Coconut Rice Krispie Treats

It was a damp and cool memorial day weekend here in Wi.  The neighborhood pool opened, but we neglected to tell our girls, because neither one of us wanted to get in the water with the 50 degree temps.  In fact, I do not think the pool will "open" until it is at least 80 degrees!  Despite the weather, I was in a summery mood, which influenced our holiday dessert choice.  I had seen a recipe similar to this one for Lemon Rice Krispie Treats and thought I could try it with the Key Lime Cake Mix that Pillsbury just released as a new summer flavor.

I added shaved, unsweetened coconut and some key lime juice and the treats had a wonderful tropical key-limey taste :)


Ingredients
5 tbs. butter
1 1/2 tsp key lime juice
1 bag of marshmallows
3/4 cup Pillsbury Key Lime Cake Mix cup Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix
6 cups Rice Krispies

Instructions
Spray a 8×8 inch with non-stick cooking spray. 
In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows for 1 minute in the microwave.  Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds, or until butter/mallow mixture is smooth.  Add key lime juice and slowly stir in the dry cake mix and coconut. Once combined add in cereal 1 cup at a time.  Using a spatula press mixture into greased pan. Cool on the countertop for approximately 30 minutes.



(I have a pic of the cookie mix bc I threw away my cake box!)





No comments:

Post a Comment